Boost your engagement rates and captivate social media scrollers with Open Captions from VoiceBox.
Open captions, or open subtitling, refers to those subtitles which are permanently in view and cannot be turned on and off. Ideal for social media channels or brand websites, VoiceBox guarantees that our open subtitling service will help you to capture the attention of serial scrollers and boost engagement rates for your video content.
As an award-winning, industry-leading multimedia agency, we count Google, Bentley and The Open University among our valued client base. With over a decade of experience of working in the multimedia industry, our talented team are brilliantly equipped to handle whatever type of subtitling project you require.
Want to know how VoiceBox can help you?
What is Open Captioning?
Open captions, or open subtitling, refers to those subtitles which cannot be turned on and off. In contrast to closed captions, which allow the viewer to control whether they want to see them or not, open captions are permanently visible, or ‘burnt into’ the video content itself.
You may have come across open captions when watching a film in the cinema and a character begins to speak in another language. Or perhaps you’ve seen them at the bottom of social media videos by politicians or other public figures.
Our Open Captioning service
Many of our clients have achieved lasting success online with our open captioning service. That’s because our straightforward process prioritises quality and transparency, ensuring our clients are involved at every level so that we can deliver the highest-quality captions.
- Our first step is finding out more about your specific project needs – from boosting your brand’s engagement across social media channels to breaking down language barriers.
- Next, we will ask for your script, video or multimedia content.
- We will then handpick a professional, native subtitler from our extensive international network to create the captions, insert timecodes and sync the captions to the relevant audio.
- Following this, we will customise the captions to your specified font, colour (where accessibility guidance allows) and placement.
- Next is our rigorous quality assurance process. Our proofreaders and expert team will check grammar, spelling, translation accuracy (if required) and synchronisation.
- Finally, the finished project will be ready for your approval.
What do our clients say?
Thank you so much for the speed of delivery. It’s game-changing for us
Ian Gibbons, Creative Director of Panvista Productions
Why now’s the time to invest in Open Captioning
Open subtitles could be the key to successfully increasing your brand engagement online, as well as boosting accessibility. Here are three reasons why now’s the time to take the plunge with open captioning:
- Engage the social media scrollers: Did you know that 85% of videos on Facebook are watched on mute? This tends to be down to the default setting of most social media platforms which automatically mute videos while scrolling. But one way of capturing an audience and encouraging them to engage with your content is by displaying open captions. It’s a savvy strategy that’s adopted by everyone from global brands to political parties.
- Prioritise accessibility: Open captioning is also a vital way of boosting accessibility, particularly when you are distributing your video content across multiple platforms and want to have control over how your captions are displayed. This isn’t just important for those viewers who are deaf, hard of hearing or neurodiverse, and can benefit from subtitling. They’re also useful for those who aren’t first-language English speakers or those watching from noisy environments, like on public transport.
- Break down language barriers: If your video content contains audio from a language not widely understood by your target audience, adding open captions will boost comprehension and break down language barriers for your viewers.
A one-stop shop for your multimedia needs
Our open captioning service is just one of the many multimedia services we deliver – we also boast voice over, multimedia translation, transcription and more among our offering.
Working with VoiceBox means you can centralise your project and allow us to manage your entire workflow. We will be your one point of contact and will take care of liaising with captioners, voice over artists and transcribers to ensure you are free to focus on more business-critical tasks.
Why choose VoiceBox as your open captioning agency?
At VoiceBox, we have a deep understanding of the unpredictable, and often demanding, world of video content creation. We also know how tricky it can be to find an agency that is ready and willing to adapt to your requirements. We want to work with you every step of the way to provide you with the perfect captions for your global content. Here are the three key reasons why our services stand out:
- Versatile: Due to our expert team and extensive network of subtitlers, we can deliver high quality open subtitling that match the needs of your project.
- Collaborative: We work side-by-side with our clients to ensure customer satisfaction, every time.
- Flexible: Whether there is a change in brief, budget or timescale, we pride ourselves on our flexibility as an organisation to ensure your project is completed to a high standard.