Trust VoiceBox to deliver high-quality, professional SDH Subtitles for your video content.
SDH Subtitles, or Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, are subtitles that have been specifically designed for the deaf and hard of hearing community.
Here at VoiceBox, we are industry-leading experts in multimedia accessibility, offering a range of translation and subtitling services. SDH subtitling is one of our specialist areas, available in 220+ languages. Our talented team prides itself on its customer care and flexibility, working with you directly to deliver the highest quality SDH subtitles that fit your requirements exactly, from subtitle type to budget to turnaround time.
Want to know more about our SDH subtitles?
You’re in safe hands with VoiceBox
If you’re looking for professional and comprehensible SDH subtitles, you’re in safe hands with VoiceBox. We have over a decade of experience working with global clients to make their content more inclusive. Our knowledgeable team continues to stay abreast of the latest accessibility guidelines and development to guarantee our clients are receiving the best possible service.
What are SDH Subtitles?
SDH subtitles are a type of subtitles specially designed for those who cannot – or have trouble with – hearing audio.
In contrast to other types of subtitles, SDH subtitles do not assume the viewer can hear the audio of a piece of video content. This means the subtitles will display not only the dialogue, usually indicating the different speakers’ names, but also describe any other aural content, such as background noise, information about songs or off-screen sound effects.
These sounds often add crucial detail about the plot or content of what’s being said. That’s why it is so important to guarantee that they are described for those viewers who would not otherwise hear it. The text typically runs along the bottom of the video screen.
Why is SDH Subtitling important?
Did you know that, worldwide, an estimated 466 million people – or 5% of the population – have disabling hearing loss? What’s more, this figure is expected to surge to 900 million by 2050. Everyone has the right to be able to enjoy, be entertained by and consume video content, not least such a significant proportion of the population. Ensuring you include SDH subtitles in your content is a small investment to make such a huge difference to your audience. Here are three reasons why SDH subtitles are important:
- Boosts accessibility: For the estimated 5% of the world who are deaf or hard of hearing, subtitles ensure they are included in being able to understand and consume content. What’s more, subtitling can also be hugely helpful to those who are neurodiverse and may find they process and digest information more easily if accompanied by subtitles. This a vast potential audience for your content.
- Increases viewership in sound-sensitive environments: Accessibility benefits everyone, not just those who are deaf or hard of hearing. For example, SDH subtitles can ensure that those watching from sound-sensitive environments, such as public transport, the library or offices, can also have a comprehensive viewer experience.
- Breaks down language barriers: SDH subtitles can easily be translated into multiple languages of your choice, enabling a global audience to understand your content.
Our process for SDH subtitling
Our success in delivering SDH subtitles for our clients relies on our straightforward and transparent process. Here are our 5 steps to delivering high-quality subtitles for your project.
- Firstly, you’ll get in touch with us to discuss your requirements. You will tell us about your project type and any accessibility guidelines or requirements you must fulfil.
- Next, you will send us your completed script, video or multimedia content.
- Leave the rest to us – we will handpick an expert, professional SDH subtitler to create the captions, insert timecodes and sync the captions to the relevant audio. If you require captions in another language, we will bring in one of our network of native-speaking subtitlers to complete the translation.
- Next is our rigorous quality assurance process. We check the captions for grammar, spelling, translation accuracy and synchronisation.
- Then, the finished project will be sent to you for your approval. You’re done!
Interested in a quote for SDH subtitles?
A one-stop shop for your multimedia needs
Did you know that, as an award-winning multimedia agency, VoiceBox also offers a range of other services aside from subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing, such as voice over, multimedia translation, transcription and more?
When you work with us, you can rest assured that one of our talented team members will oversee every aspect of your project from beginning to end, leaving you to deal with the more business-critical tasks. You’ll have one point of contact for your multimedia project, and you can trust that we will liaise with subtitlers, voice over artists and transcribers on your behalf.
Why choose VoiceBox for your SDH subtitling service?
At VoiceBox, we want to work with you at every step of the way to provide you with the perfect captions for your global content. Here are the three reasons why our services stand out:
- Versatile: Due to our expert team and extensive network of subtitlers, we can deliver inclusive, high-quality subtitles that match the needs of your project.
- Collaborative: We work side-by-side with our clients to ensure customer satisfaction, every time.
- Flexible: Whether there is a change in brief, budget or timescale, we pride ourselves on our flexibility as an organisation to ensure that your subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing is completed to a high standard.