Seeking a new role in multimedia?
Here at VoiceBox, we are looking to expand our team with a self-motivated Multimedia Project Manager! Scroll down to see the details:
Title: Multimedia Project Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager/Head of Production
Job Objective: Resource, coordinate, organise, and manage multimedia projects on time and within budget. Multimedia projects can include subtitling, live captions, voiceover, audio-visual translation, transcription, and any other service that VoiceBox, part of the Wolfestone Group, offers.
Holiday entitlement: 20 days + national public holidays where possible (this will be on a rota basis with time in lieu if you need to work on a public holiday).
Permanent full-time contract.
If based in the UK, this is an employed contract.
If based elsewhere in the world, this is a self-employed contract.
Initial shifts 9.30-5.30 pm UK time, until training is completed.*
*Actual working pattern may change depending on work coming in, candidates must be able to offer a flexible schedule. Candidates must be willing to provide weekend cover on a rota basis once training completed (1-2 weekends/month). Approved work done outside scheduled hours will be compensated with overtime pay or time off in lieu according to the company’s overtime policy.
At our Swansea office, or remote.*
*If working remotely on a self-employed basis, you will need your own computer equipment and high-speed internet connection for working from home (ideally 20mbps up/down on cable). We will provide software licences for any software packages needed. Your computer will be connected to our systems via remote desktop connection. If you are remote but will be on an employed contract, we will provide suitable equipment, however your internet speeds must be as above.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Planning, managing and monitoring multiple projects in all languages according to project specifications
- Editing sound files to the client’s requirements when needed
- Preparing, editing and creating subtitle files
- Organising and monitoring virtual live events (captioning/interpreting)
- Maintaining and managing TMs and glossaries as per client requirements
- Negotiating with suppliers
- Coordinating, managing and monitoring suppliers
- Maintaining effective communication, collaboration and relationships with clients and colleagues
- Working to production targets, including margins, delivery and client satisfaction
- Complying with quality assurance and data protection standards
- Accurately record all required data, including full yet concise project notes, non-conformity reports, etc.
- Ad hoc recruitment of suppliers
- General project and recruitment administration and filing
- Assist all departments as and when required
- Personality: You will be self-motivated and customer focussed, you will also be a pro-active problem solver with a positive attitude and strong commercial awareness. You will be flexible and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Specific job skills: You will have excellent multi-tasking, organisation, negotiation, time management and prioritising skills and great attention to detail. You will be able to confidently communicate fluently in English with people at all levels both in writing and orally.
- Computer skills: You will have the ability to learn new IT programmes easily and quickly. You will have excellent IT literacy including Microsoft Office and Outlook. You must own your own computer and have a reliable internet connection.
- Subtitling and audio-visual experience: You will have a background in subtitling and/or voiceover work and be familiar with subtitling formats and the subtitling/voiceover production workflow.
- Skills: Fluency in more than one language. Knowledge of, and experience in using audio-editing technology, subtitling software, CAT Tools or project management software.
- Education: A degree or master’s degree in audio-visual translation or multimedia production, Project Management qualifications or previous experience in a translation industry project management role.
Internal / External Cooperation
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.